I was thrilled to once again join Larry Jacobs on EduTalk Radio, this time to talk about how and why to offer students more choices about their learning, the subject of my recent book: Learning to Choose, Choosing to Learn: The Key to Student Motivation and Achievement. Larry is a great host and he helped facilitate an interesting conversation. We dig into topics such as:
- Why should we be concerned with offering students choice?
- Why might students learn more when choice is used well?
- How do we manage choice so it’s not overwhelming for teachers?
- How can choice help students self-differentiate their learning?
- What are some examples of choice in action?
- How can choice support professional learning in PD settings?
- Many more!
Mike Anderson is an education consultant, award-winning teacher, and author of many books including The Well-Balanced Teacher, The First Six Weeks of School, The Research-Ready Classroom, and Learning to Choose, Choosing to Learn. Learn more about Mike and his work or invite him to work with your school or district through his website: www.leadinggreatlearning.com. Connect with Mike on Twitter: @balancedteacher.